How to Shop Safely On-Line
After becoming an Internet shopper myself, I have devoted part of my site to share with you some of my favorite companies.
First, though, here are some words of how to shop safely on the Internet and ensure that you have a positive experience!
1) Be aware of each site's Privacy Statement because it will let you know how information is being collected and how it will be used. For instance, my Privacy Statement can be seen from the front of my web site, by clicking on the Privacy Statement Link.
2) Make sure that when you sign up with a vendor to purchase something, DO NOT EVER share your user id or your password that you created. There are a lot of crooks out there who want to shop at your expense!
3) DO NOT EVER respond to an email which may look like it was sent from the vendor just to check your user id and password. The real people already know your user id and password! Some of these emails are very sophisticated and appear to be the real thing.
4) Make sure that on the Internet Page where you enter any credit card or Pay Pal information that you see a closed lock somewhere on the page.
5) It is a good idea to close your browser after your shopping session.